Thursday, May 31, 2012

Feeling crafty

I always get a huge case of spring fever when the weather starts to turn nice and I have crazy urges to clean out closets and change things around a bit.  So, last weekend, that's what I did.  I'm pretty sure my spring cleaning episodes are Peter's favorite time of year.....ha ha ha!

I decided to take on a few crafty projects too.  I was inspired by some artwork I saw on Pinterest and thought I could try my hand at it.

Here's the original that you can buy at World Market here


and here's my version of it....

I actually found a huge tub of acrylic paints and the circle brushes at a garage sale the day before for less than $5....it was a sign that I definitely needed to at least try the project.  I'm certainly not an artist, but it was fun.

The step by step instructions on how to do it can be found here:

I also decided to recover my throw pillows on my couch.  They were a plain blue and brown and I wanted something a little different.  So I bought some fabric on sale at JoAnn's and some fabric for suuuper cheap at Wal-Mart and worked on it today during nap time.

I didn't take a before picture, but you can see the blue/brown pillows in the background of this picture....

and here's what they look like now...
 I made two of these
 close-up of the fabric
 I also covered another throw pillow I had in storage but wasn't using anywhere

the lighting is bad but its kind of a cream fabric with navy blue and white stitching

I pretty much followed this tutorial:

My projects never turn out perfectly, but it's still fun to inject a little creativity into a day full of diapers, Thomas the Train, and lots of puzzles :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...